Affiliate links are used on this site, meaning if you click through and make a purchase I may make a commission, at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!
Do you …
… struggle to read your Bible consistently?
… open your Bible to any random page, read a few verses, and put it down again (and forget what you’ve read)?
… know where your Bible is?
… want a fresh approach to reading God’s word?
Ha! You’re not alone!
For years (and years and years) I struggled to read my Bible in any systematic or meaningful way. I would start Bible reading schemes, and have seasons of closeness with God through His word, but all too often I reverted to the random page approach!
Then I remembered a Bible reading scheme I used as a teenager. I gave it a redesign to make it look pretty, and have been using it to read my Bible much more consistently since. God’s word has come alive to me again, which is wonderful!
Welcome to the Bible-At-Your-Own-Pace Reading Plan!
This flexible Bible reading scheme allows you to read as many (or as few) chapters of the Bible as you want each day, from different books of the Bible, all while being able to track your progress, and read through the whole Bible – at your own pace.
This plan was originally devised to disciple new believers in Cambodia. They were encouraged to read 3 chapters at breakfast, 3 chapters at lunch, and 3 chapters at dinner! I generally read 3 chapters a day! Sometimes more, sometimes less.
Reading from different parts of the Bible every day adds variety, and the different parts of the Bible provide commentary on each other, and allow God to speak through His word as a whole.
Undated Bible reading charts allow you to miss days without feeling bad!
How to use the Bible-At-Your-Own-Pace Reading Plan!
- Download the Bible-At-Your-Own-Pace Reading Plan here.
- Choose three books of the Bible. Your choice! I like to choose two from the Old Testament, and one from the New Testament.
- Write the book names in the open spaces of your Bible reading chart.
- Write the chapter numbers in the smaller squares of the Bible reading chart. Once all the chapters of a book are written, start a new book.
- Read as many chapters as you want each day. I usually read three chapters – one from each book I’ve chosen.
- Mark off the chapters (and books) as you finish them.
- Celebrate! You have a plan to read your Bible consistently, and at your own pace!
God’s word is living and active. I pray it transforms your life!
And this is
My Favourite Bible
to use with my favourite Bible reading plan!
I love this Bible! It’s very special to me – my son gave it to me for my birthday.
It’s absolutley beautiful, has large print, and every page number can be scanned for extra online study notes and videos!
Reading to the dog! Ha ha! (Not.)
Another Beautiful Bible Resource:
The Trust in the Lord Bible Journaling Kit
Perfect for beginner journalers!
Includes traceable margin strips/bookmarks, quotes and doodles, calligraphy practice paper, colouring cards, journaling pages, and instructions.
Black Friday weekend only!