My Dear Daughter,
I come. To you. Today.
My heart yearns for you. Nothing keeps me away. No mountain. No wall.
You are so beautiful. Yes, you are. Really, truly. You are so so lovely.
I have presents for you! Open your arms wide.
Flowers! Lots and lots of them. Here, I’ll help you hold them.
Perfume too! Yes, it’s for you.
It’s the sweet smell of blossom, of all I’m growing in your life, the beautiful promise of all that’s to come.
There’s singing too. Can you hear it? Birds shaking off the rains of winter. Flying free. Singing a sweet song, over you.
Spring is here.
I celebrate it with you. The winter of your past is gone.
Let me draw you from your hiding place. I gently call you into something new.
Come with me, my beautiful one. I gaze at your face. You are my lily. I delight in your voice, so precious to me.
Come away. Come away with me.
Your Father God
…with thoughts from Song of Songs Chapter 2
Suggestions to Receive God’s Promise
- Read God’s letter of promise several times. Soak in what God speaks to you.
- Read Song of Songs 2. The Passion Translation is a wonderful version.
- Bring to God all the things that belong to the winter of your past. Release them to him.
- Close your eyes and ask God, ‘What present/promise do you have for me?’. Wait and receive. You may hear something, see something, or feel something.
- Receive from God. He has a beautiful now for you, and a beautiful future.