My dear daughter,
I have rest for you today.
Do you know what my rest means? It means being with me. It means experiencing all that I am.
My rest is peace. My rest is joy. My rest is safety. My rest is blessing. My rest is overflow.
It is being with me.
Come, let us run through the meadows together. Let’s dip our toes in the cool water.
Splash! I got you!
My rest is laughter. My rest is delighting in each other.
There are places of beauty for us to explore together. I have so much to show you. Come away from your world. Enter mine. Hold my hand. Let’s go.
Look up. See never-ending expanses of glory and light: my love, unfailing and limitless, my goodness, stored in the heavenlies, overflowing on you.
The dark place you’ve been walking through is in the valley below. You’re soaring above it. You’re safe. I am close beside you.
All those who come against you are distant shadows. You can celebrate and feast. You’re mine. They can never harm you.
My rest is soaring together on wings like eagles, seeing from my perspective.
I am always here.
Your Father God
…with thoughts from Psalm 23
Suggestions to Receive God’s Rest
- Read God’s letter of rest several times.
- Give God every area of your life where you’re not experiencing rest.
- Read Psalm 23. Write out promises God speaks to you.
- Speak these promises out over the next few days (and months to come). Receive them into your heart.
- Soak in God’s rest. Put on some worship music. Lie or sit down. Ask God to come.
Use the social sharing buttons below to share this message of God’s rest with others today.